Analyse I WANDERED LONELY AS A CLOUD

• Hi, ich komme damit einfach nicht zurecht, kann mir vielleicht jemand dabei helfen das zu analysieren?

I WANDERED LONELY AS A CLOUD

I wandered lonely as a cloud
    That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
    When all at once I saw a crowd,
    A host of golden daffodils;
    Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
    Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.

Continuous as the stars that shine
    and twinkle on the Milky Way,
    They stretched in never-ending line
    along the margin of a bay:
    Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
    tossing their heads in sprightly dance.

The waves beside them danced; but they
    Out-did the sparkling waves in glee:
    A poet could not but be gay,
    in such a jocund company:
    I gazed - and gazed - but little thought
    what wealth the show to me had brought:

For oft, when on my couch I lie
    In vacant or in pensive mood,
    They flash upon that inward eye
    Which is the bliss of solitude;
    And then my heart with pleasure fills,
    And dances with the daffodils.

Vielen Dank schonmal =)

• daffodils by william wordsworth is a poem made up of four six line stanzas. the rhyming scheme of daffodils is a quatrain (a,b,a,b) followed by a rhyming couplet (c,c) (a,b,a,b,c,c - cloud, hills, crowd, daffodils, trees, breeze).

daffodils is an example of romantic poetry (about nature and emotions) the themes of the poem are nature and memories but also solitude and being alone as well as the emotion happiness (i wandered lonely as a cloud / a poet could not be but gay / which is the bliss of solitude / and then my heart with pleasure fills/....).

the poem uses imagery which sets quite a peaceful and joyful mood. this is achieved through wordeworth's discriptive language.

wordswoth makes use of similes (i wandered lonely as a cloud) and also uses personification extensively, especially in relation to the daffodils themselves (crowd / dancing in the breeze / tossing their heads /...). the personification of the daffodils and the sea add to the intensity of the emotions conveyed by the poem and creates a certain unity between man and nature (the speaker is like a cloud and the daffodils are like humans, dancing and tossing their heads).